Campus Crime Briefs: September 18, 2013 - lsureveille.com: Home

|
||

Campus Crime Briefs: September 18, 2013

Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:59 pm

LSU defensive back issued misdemeanor summons for fighting

An LSU football player and one other man were arrested Sept. 11 for fighting.

Jeryl Brazil, 19, of 16217 Highway 40, East Independence, a freshman defensive back, and Brian Warford, 18, of 63165 Richardson Road, Roseland, were handed misdemeanor summonses for fighting in the loading dock area of The 5 at 6:40 p.m.

Officers found Warford at the scene and later contacted Brazil at his apartment on campus, Lalonde said.

LSU Sports Information

Director Michael Bonnette told The Daily Reveille that Brazil’s discipline within the football team was handled internally.

Peeping Tom arrested in Music and Dramatic Arts building

A man was detained by officers on West Chimes Street after witnesses reported suspicious activity in a School of Music and Dramatic Arts building restroom, said LSU Police Department spokesman Capt. Cory Lalonde.

Michael Lee Jackson, 56, of 12257 E. Brock Place, Baton Rouge, was arrested Sept. 16 on charges of peeping Tom, resisting arrest, battery of an officer and remaining after being forbidden.

A witness at the scene told LSUPD that Jackson had been in a stall in a women’s restroom with a cardboard sign reading “Wet Floor” under the door.

Another witness told officers Jackson had been seen leaving a business on West Chimes Street. The officers found Jackson and ordered him to stop, at which point he ran, before police detained him. In the struggle, Jackson struck an officer, Lalonde said.

Lalonde said the officers recognized Jackson from Sept. 14, when LSUPD received complaints about Jackson wandering through tailgates. Jackson had the cardboard sign and a small mirror on his person when detained, Lalonde said.

Jackson was arrested and booked into East Baton

Rouge Parish Prison.

Contractor issued summons for stealing champagne

A cleaning contractor for the Paul M. Hebert Law Center was arrested for stealing several bottles of champagne from a storage room.

Kent Stewart, 51, of 5231 Frey St., Baton Rouge, was issued a misdemeanor summons for theft September 10 after LSUPD identified him in

surveillance footage.

|
||

Now playing: