LSU baseball is headed for the postseason, but it will be staying right at home as the Tigers secured a host site for an NCAA Regional.
This is LSU's 26th time hosting a regional, the most of any team.
LSU will be joined by No.2-seed Arizona State, No.3 Southern Miss and No. 4 Stony Brook in the Baton Rouge Regional.
LSU went into the Southeastern Conference Tournament not knowing if it would return to Alex Box Stadium. After going 3-2 on the week, with a win over Mississippi State and a 17-inning loss to the same Bulldog team.
LSU is one of six SEC teams to host, including Georgia, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
The Tigers are matched up with the Athens Regional and will face No.4 overall seed Georgia if both teams advance. LSU went 1-2 against the Dogs in a regular season series.
LSU coach Paul Mainieri did say that this would be the last time he mentioned a potential super regional matchup until the Tigers get past the Baton Rouge Regional.
The teams LSU will be facing will be announced Monday, May 26 at 11 a.m. during the selection show.
Full list of host sites:
- Athens, Georgia – Georgia (44-15)
- Atlanta, Georgia – Georgia Tech (41-17)
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (37-24)
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (42-17)
- Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon St. (36-18-1)
- Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-17)
- Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (43-15)
- Los Angeles, California – UCLA (47-8)
- Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (43-15)
- Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (39-17)
- Morgantown, West Virginia – West Virginia (37-20)
- Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (49-10)
- Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (37-25)
- Stanford, California – Stanford (41-11)
- Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi St. (46-13)
- Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma St. (35-18)