Transition Advisory Team sets committees - lsureveille.com: News

|
||
Sunday 08/30/2015
As storm devastates New Orleans, campus becomes community
Updated: August 30, 2015 - 9:23 pm

On Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005 — two days before Hurricane Katrina made landfall — LSU anounced classes would be canceled Monday.

Comments (0)
more »
Emergency management centers born out of tragedy
Updated: August 30, 2015 - 9:03 pm

When Hurricane Katrina stormed through South Louisiana 10 years ago, LSU administration was unprepared for the Category 3 afflictions they would suffer both during and post-devastation.

Comments (0)
more »
Saturday 08/29/2015
Katrina Voices” event showcases experiences of local leaders and artists
Updated: August 30, 2015 - 1:46 pm

Though a grim tone still lingers around Hurricane Katrina, the Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library in Baton Rouge sought to focus on progress made since the hurricane made landfall a decade ago s event Saturday.

Comments (0)
more »
Thursday 08/27/2015
Student Senate shows solidarity in first meeting
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 11:05 pm

As it installed new legislative officers and began to select committees at its meeting Wednesday night, the 37th LSU Student Senate showed solidarity after an intense campaign semester in the spring.

Comments (0)
more »
Students, faculty say doodling can aid learning
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 11:19 pm

Unless a student is in an art class, drawing during a lecture is usually frowned upon. But certain members of the campus community say mindless scribbling may actually aid the learning process, not hinder it.

Comments (0)
more »
LSU students ring closing bell at New York Stock Exchange
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 10:32 pm

Three LSU finance seniors now have something in common with Jordin Sparks, the New York Yankees and John Cena: They have all rung the ceremonial bell at Wall Street’s New York Stock Exchange, which signifies the start and end of each day’s trading.

Comments (0)
more »
Res Life promotes gender-neutral housing
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 11:17 pm

Trans and other non-gender conforming students still face many challenges in daily campus life, but few can be as frustrating as finding a place to live.

Comments (0)
more »
President Obama visits New Orleans for Katrina’s 10th anniversary
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 11:18 pm

NEW ORLEANS, La. — Standing on ground that flooded with 17 feet of water a decade ago, President Barack Obama praised New Orleans residents’ resilience following Hurricane Katrina and addressed the enduring problems the city still faces at a speech in the Lower 9th Ward on Thursday.

Comments (0)
more »
Wednesday 08/26/2015
UREC moves forward with final phase of renovations, redesign
Updated: August 26, 2015 - 8:55 pm

Outside of the UREC foundation is being poured, steel is being hung and exterior precasts of buildings are being done in order to continue the building’s expansion.

Comments (0)
more »
Childhood Tiger Band fan to serve as drum major in 2015 season
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 12:26 am

Daniel Wendt was 4 years old when he knew he wanted to be in the Golden Band from Tigerland. As he watched the musicians’ promenade from the Greek Amphitheater to Tiger Stadium, he tugged at his uncle’s shirt and told him, “I’m going to do that one day.”

Comments (0)
more »
Board of Regents missing around $60 million in FEMA insurance money
Updated: August 27, 2015 - 12:29 am

The Louisiana Board of Regents may receive around $60 million in insurance money guaranteed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Wednesday’s meeting detailing FEMA money following Hurricane Katrina may help solve widespread facility issues at universities across the state, including LSU. However, the funds have yet to be delivered to the Board.

Comments (0)
more »
Tuesday 08/25/2015
Violence, fraternity rivalry mark fall 2015 boys' bid night
Updated: August 26, 2015 - 7:18 pm

Violence erupted Monday night when a fraternity member was hit over the head with a beer bottle while celebrating LSU fraternity bids.

Comments (0)
more »

LSU System Transition Advisory Team sets committees

Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:37 pm

As the LSU System goes through reorganization, The Daily Reveille compiled biographies of the chairmen and chairwomen for each subcommittee.

Academemic

The Academic subcommittee focuses on campus innovation and collaboration, academic standards, installation of academic programs and using technology to enhance education.

Dr. William “Bill” Jenkins

Jenkins is the Interim LSU System president and LSU chancellor. He has also served as dean of the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine and as LSU’s executive vice chancellor and provost.

Dr. Lester W. Johnson

Johnson is a professor and Chief of Surgery and Director of Surgical Services at LSU Health Sciences Center in Monroe. Johnson served on the Louisiana Emergency Response Network, Louisiana Recovery Authority Healthcare Taskforce and the Delta Regional Authority Health Advisory Committee.  

Finance and Revenue

The Finance and Revenue subcommittee will examine the best way to distribute resources among the campuses. It will review the cost efficiency of administrative offices and propose new strategies. 

Clarence P. Cazalot Jr.

Cazalot is the chairman, president and CEO of Marathon Oil Corporation.  

G. Lee Griffin

Griffin is the LSU Foundation president and CEO. He is the retired chairman and CEO of Bank One of Louisiana, which is now Chase Bank. He is a member of the LSU Alumni Hall of Distinction. 

Technology and Operations

The Technology and Operations subcommittee will try to find ways to increase technology to streamline research, administration and communications.

William M. Comegys III

Comegys is an attorney involved primarily in the oil and gas industry. He is also the president of the Committee of 100 in Shreveport-Bossier. After completing ROTC at LSU, he was commissioned as a lieutenant in the Army in 1971. 

William L. “Bill” Silva

Silvia is the president and CEO of the Pennington Medical Foundation and board treasurer for the LSU Foundation and the LSU System Research and Technology Foundation. He is the former executive vice president for finance for the LSU System. 

Research and Discovery

The Research and Discovery subcommittee will evaluate current research projects and look for new collaboration opportunities. The committee will seek ways to improve productivity and technology.  

Dr. James W. “Jim” Firnberg

Firnberg is the chancellor emeritus of LSU-Alexandria, president emeritus of Our Lady of the Lake College and an LSU professor emeritus. He is a frequent consultant with the National Science Foundation. 

Student Experience

The Student Experience subcommittee will try to find ways to increase technology use to streamline research, administrative processes, information systems and communications.  

Lt. Gen. Russel L. Honore’

Honore’ served as the commanding general of the U.S. First Army as part of his 37-year career. He was commander of Joint Task Force Katrina, the federal government’s Hurricane Katrina relief effort. He is on the board of LSU’s Stephenson Disaster Management Institute and is an adjunct professor at Emory and Vanderbuilt universities. 

Carroll W. Suggs

Suggs was the chairwoman, president and CEO of Petroleum Helicopters Inc. before she retired in 2001. Now, she is a commissioner of the Ernest M. Morial Convention Center and is on the World War II Museum Board of Trustees. She sits on the LSU System Research and Technology Foundation Board of Directors and LSU College of Engineering Diversity Board. 

Legal and Regulatory Advisory Group 

The Legal and Regulatory Advisory Group provides legal advice and support to the subcommittees as needed. 

W. Shelby McKenzie

McKenzie is a partner with Taylor, Porter, Brooks and Phillips, LLP, and he serves as lead counsel for the LSU System. 

Dr. James W. “Jim” Firnberg

Staff Support 

Robert “Bob” Rasmussen

Rasmussen is the assistant vice president for LSU System relations.

Doreen Brasseaux

Brasseaux is the assistant vice president for Public Policy in the Office of Health Affairs.

|
||