University search for president continues - lsureveille.com: News

|
||

Final decision to be made in June University search for president continues

Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 8:33 pm

The Presidential Search Committee began narrowing down a strong yet confidential pool of candidates attracted to the combined position of LSU System president and University chancellor in a meeting Friday.

Interim University Chancellor and System President William “Bill” Jenkins said the search should conclude in June, resulting in a new leader for the system and University.

After R. William Funk and Associates Founder and President Bill Funk gave a general update about the search, the committee transitioned to a closed-door executive session to privately review the candidates.

The nationwide search has attracted candidates who think the University position is an “outstanding opportunity,” Funk said. “We have candidates from coast to coast and border to border. It’s literally been a national search.”

Funk said the firm is looking beyond traditional candidates to find the best fit for the University.

“It’s not the right position for an individual that doesn’t have some pretty significant experience,” Funk said.

Presidential Search Committee Chairman Blake Chatelain said the team will narrow the larger candidate pool down to 10 individuals before making a final decision closer to June.

Although Funk did not publicly provide details about candidates in the meeting due to candidates’ privacy concerns, he said he was looking forward to going into greater detail with the committee in private.

|
||