Sub-committees form task forces in Wednesday kickoff meeting - lsureveille.com: News

|
||

Sub-committees form task forces in Wednesday kickoff meeting

Finance and Revenue and Operations and Technology sub-committees hold joint meeting

Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:02 pm | Updated: 10:44 pm, Wed Feb 13, 2013.

The University’s Finance and Revenue and Operations and Technology sub-committees held a joint kickoff meeting Wednesday in the Lod Cook Alumni Center to outline six task forces and discuss key focus areas that will aid in developing a recommendation to the Transition Advisory Team as soon as March.

The committees are two of five that will provide an initial report next month and a final recommendation this summer to the Transiton Advisory Team, which will submit a reorganization proposal for consideration by the Board of Supervisors.

Finance and Revenue sub-committee chairmen Clarence P. Cazalot, Jr., and G. Lee Griffin and Operations and Technology chairmen William M. Comegys III and William L. “Bill” Silva highlighted the need for higher education reform and emphasized the importance of stepping forth with ideas that will contribute to a vision for a world-class university.

The meeting also included a presentation by Huron Education Consultants, a group known for its strategic reorganization solutions for universities nationwide.

The other three sub-committees are named Academic, Research and Discovery, and Student Experience. The committees are supplemented by the Legal and Regulatory Advisory Group that will provide legal counsel to the Transition Advisory Team and sub-committees as needed.

More about

More about

More about

|
||