Chancellor position has attracted strong candidate pool - lsureveille.com: News

Chancellor position has attracted strong candidate pool

Related Stories

Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 11:47 am | Updated: 2:46 pm, Fri Feb 1, 2013.

The combined position of University chancellor and president has attracted a strong pool of candidates from across the country, R. William Funk and Associates Founder and President Bill Funk told the Presidential Search Committee Friday.

The committee transitioned into a private executive session with Funk after he gave a general update about the firm’s search, which has produced candidates who think the University position is an “outstanding opportunity,” he said.

Although Funk did not publicly provide details about candidates in the meeting due to candidates’ privacy concerns, he said he was looking forward to going into greater detail with the committee in private.

“We’ve been able to attract a very strong pool,” Funk said. “We have candidates from coast to coast and border to border. It’s literally been a national search.”

Funk said the firm is looking beyond traditional candidates to find the best fit for the University.

“It’s not the right position for an individual that doesn’t have some pretty significant experience,” Funk said.

|
||