Brian Nichols appointed University’s chief information officer - lsureveille.com: News

|
||

Brian Nichols appointed University’s chief information officer

Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Brian Nichols, who has worked at the University for more than 15 years, has been appointed chief information officer, according to a broadcast email sent Monday.

Until now, Nichols served as the interim chief information officer after a 2011 appointment, according to Information Technology Services’ website. During his tenure at the University, Nichols also served as the executive director of Administrative Services and Risk Management, chief IT security and policy officer and senior IT auditor at the LSU System Office.

The email said Nichols will also maintain his role as the executive director of risk management.

“His combination of established project management skills, a strong auditing, business, and technology background, along with his institutional understanding and knowledge make him an excellent selection for this position,” Interim Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administrative Services and CFO Bob Kuhn said in the email.

|
||