Groovin' will include performances by Lupe Fiasco, Grace Potter, YelaWolf - lsureveille.com: News

|
||

Music Groovin' will include performances by Lupe Fiasco, Grace Potter, YelaWolf

• Lupe Fiasco

Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:39 pm | Updated: 11:50 pm, Thu Feb 12, 2015.

Internationally known rapper Lupe Fiasco will take the stage Saturday night at the University’s annual Groovin’ on the Grounds concert, free for students and the public and put on by Student Government. 

The artist lineup for the 2013 Groovin’ concert will include local artists as well as nationally known performers, from student band Levee Daze, to indie artist Grace Potter, to rapper YelaWolf. The concert begins at 6 p.m. and will last until around midnight.

Student funk-jam band Levee Daze, which won the University’s Battle of the Bands competition last October, will open the concert. Levee Daze will be followed by YelaWolf, then Potter and headliner Lupe Fiasco will end the night.

Potter, who normally performs with her band, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, will perform solo this weekend.

If weather conditions require it, the back-up location for the concert will be the PMAC,  which is located on North Stadium Road.

SG President Taylor Cox said last month that the event will cost approximately $200,000.

Cox said the event is being paid for with student fees, through the Spring Concert Fee and through significant sponsorship packages from outside sources.

Students on Target and Coca-Cola sponsor the event.

Before the concert begins, Students on Target will also hold its annual Wellness Festival starting at 3 p.m. on the Parade Ground.

The Wellness Festival will include music, inflatables, interactive student organization demonstrations, refreshments and demonstrations on health and wellness, according to a news release.

More about

More about

|
||