LSU College of Engineering announces $2 million gift - lsureveille.com: News

LSU College of Engineering announces $2 million gift

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:49 pm | Updated: 11:12 am, Thu Jul 18, 2013.

The LSU College of Engineering received a generous gift Tuesday, as one donor helped to add to the eventual completion of the future expansion of Patrick F. Taylor Hall.

Roy O. Martin III, who is the president and CFO of Roy O. Martin Lumber Company, L.L.C., and family are donating a $2 million gift toward the expansion of Patrick Taylor.

“We trust that others will join us in this effort of support,” Martin said. “We’ve got a little ways to go, and we can see the finish line. This is a great day for LSU.”

Construction on the expansion is expected to begin in the fall of 2014, with completion being in the fall of 2017.

The $100 million project will add labs and auditoriums to the hall, as it is intended to help add extra focus to the University’s chemical engineering program.

“Today’s announcement is about more than just bricks and boards,” said LSU governor Bobby Jindal. “It’s going to allow us to continue to move our economy forward and make sure our work force continues to grow.”

|
||