LSU Dining launches new apps, locations - lsureveille.com: News

|
||

LSU Dining launches new apps, locations

Quality and speed become priorities

• Dining Hall App

Dean Samuels, LSU's Dining and Marketing Director, demonstrates Friday, Jan. 11, how to use LSU's new dining app on a Kiosk in The 5. The app, which is exclusively available for Apple products, features a variety of options, including menus from LSU's dining halls, nutritional information, and an interactive map function. Students can now dowload the app from Apple's app store.

Posted: Sunday, May 5, 2013 4:41 pm

From the introduction of two new apps allowing students to plan their meals and eat on the go, to the introduction of Sunset Diner after Taco Bell closed, LSU Dining has made significant strides to feed students’ needs this semester.

“Over the past years, it has been more about the healthy option and more variety,” said Resident District Manager for Chartwells David Heidke, in reference to the new menu at Sunset Diner.

The new dining app also gives students the opportunity to select a dining location, look at the nutrition facts of each menu item being served and plan their meal accordingly, allowing for healthier meal choices.

“The app was developed simply to facilitate dining menus and nutrition information conveniently,” said Dean Samuels, marketing director for LSU Dining.

The most recent LSU Dining development was the introduction of the Tapingo app, which allows students to order and pay for their food from Papa John’s and Jamba Juice and pick it up on the go. 

Director of Retail Development for Auxiliary Services Stephen Barr said the app is ideal for students on a tight schedule.

Tapingo is still in its early stages but hopes to have more dining locations and student use by next semester. 

Another important part of LSU Dining’s change has been the opportunity for student feedback. Both apps allow for students with any concerns to send an email to LSU Dining, which will be read and considered.

1 comment:

• Louis Cannon posted at 7:46 pm on Sun, May 5, 2013.

Louis Cannon Posts: 16

Hair nets are no longer required when working around food?

|
||