SG to fund the University’s Going Global program - lsureveille.com: News

|
||

SG to fund the University’s Going Global program

SGFB No. 1 was passed with 85 percent approval

Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:51 pm | Updated: 11:54 pm, Wed Feb 6, 2013.

Several pieces of legislation were introduced at the weekly Student Government Senate meeting Wednesday that ranged from a financial bill to fund the University’s Going Global program and a legislative order to appoint senators to standing committees.

SGFB No. 1, a financial bill that would allocate $3,300 from the Senate’s contingency account to fund the Going Global program at the University, passed with 85 percent approval.

According to the legislation, the Going Global program is a database where students have access to lists of internships and jobs from around the world.

An estimated 13,000 students have accessed the database this past year, according to the legislation.

Previously, SG has funded the program with $1,700, while the remaining $1,700 came from the University’s office of Career Services.

In addition to the financial bill, a legislative order was passed with 97 percent approval that appointed SG senators to the six standing committees.

More about

More about

More about

|
||