Rating the Rookies: How did LSU’s 2012 NFL Draft class fare? - lsureveille.com: Sports

|
||

Rating the Rookies: How did LSU’s 2012 NFL Draft class fare?

Injury-plagued group of newcomers still make impact

Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 6:05 pm | Updated: 1:48 pm, Tue Jan 15, 2013.

It was an injury-filled yet optimistic inaugural season for LSU’s contributions to the 2012 NFL Draft class.

Wide receiver Rueben Randle is the only member of the group of rookies from LSU to enter the 2012 NFL Draft who stayed injury-free this season, playing in all 16 games with the New York Giants as a receiver and punt returner.

His 15.7 yards-per-reception was the highest among the Giants’ receiving corps this season.

Cornerback Morris Claiborne, the highest-drafted of the former Tigers, saw moderate success at his new home in Dallas.

In fifteen games, Claiborne grabbed one interception this season, as well as two fumbles, one of which he returned 50 yards for a game-clinching touchdown against the Eagles. He missed one game due to a concussion.

Defensive tackle Michael Brockers missed his first three games in St. Louis with a high ankle sprain, but saw significant playing time after recovery.

Activated from the injured reserve in week 9 following recovery from surgery on a broken foot, Buffalo Bills cornerback Ron Brooks spent most his time on the field in the strong safety position.

Safety Brandon Taylor saw his first action for the San Diego Chargers in week 13 and began seeing increased playing time, but was placed on the injured reserve after suffering a torn ACL in week 16.

|
||