LSU DB Jeryl Brazil suspended indefinitely following second arrest - lsureveille.com: Football

|
||

LSU DB Jeryl Brazil suspended indefinitely following second arrest

Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:39 pm

LSU freshman defensive back Jeryl Brazil was indefinitely suspended from the team following his second arrest in less than two months, LSU coach Les Miles announced Wednesday.

Brazil, 19, of 16217 Highway 40, East Independence, was arrested Oct. 18 for simple battery and simple criminal damage to property. He was issued a misdemeanor summons and released.

LSU Police Department spokesman Capt. Cory Lalonde said officers responded to a disturbance at West Campus Apartments at 3:34 a.m. on Oct. 18, where the complainant told officers Brazil was upset and she and her roommates were trying to calm him.

The complainant then told officers Brazil grabbed her by the neck and pushed her onto the sofa, then punched a hole in the wall before leaving the apartment, according to Lalonde.

Lalonde added the complainant told officers Brazil was irate over events that occurred earlier in the day, but he could not elaborate further.

Officers located Brazil a short time later at West Campus Apartments and placed him under arrest.

Brazil was previously issued a misdemeanor summons on Sept. 11 when he and another man were cited for fighting at the loading dock of The 5 dining hall.

Miles said the Loranger native was suspended immediately after the team gained knowledge of the second incident. But Brazil was an active presence on Twitter during the Tigers’ 27-24 loss to Ole Miss on Saturday — one day after his most recent run-in with the law — even stating he was tweeting from the press box.

Brazil has only appeared in one game this season, getting two rushing attempts at running back for 10 total yards in the Tigers’ 56-7 victory against UAB on Sept. 7.

1 comment:

• Eddie H posted at 11:46 am on Fri, Oct 25, 2013.

Eddie H Posts: 1

Is it just me, or does it seem that character is no longer a qualification for award of athletic scholarships?

|
||