Tigers upset Florida to open SEC play - lsureveille.com: Sports

|
||

Gymnastics Tigers upset Florida to open SEC play

• LSU vs. Florida

LSU freshman all-around Jessica Savona vaults Friday, Jan. 11, 2013 during the Tiger's 196.875-196.575 win over Florida in the PMAC.

Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 9:58 pm | Updated: 7:32 pm, Thu Jan 17, 2013.

Despite falling three times throughout the meet, the No. 8 LSU gymnastics team was able to pull off the 196.875 to 196.575 upset of No. 3 Florida to open Southeastern Conference play at the PMAC on Friday night.

LSU sophomore Lloimincia Hall capped off the comeback victory for the Tigers when she posted a 9.950 in the floor routine, the second consecutive meet she was able to accomplish the near-perfect score.

“We just had to do what we had to do,” Hall said. “We just had to do us, no extra, no more, just stay relaxed and stay in the process.”

Hall finished second overall in the SEC meet with a score of 39.450.

The win comes a week after the Tigers posted their highest ever season-opener score and LSU coach DD Breaux’s 600th career victory.

Florida sophomore Kytra Hunter won the all around competition posting a 39.675. Hunter scored at least a 9.925 in all her events, including a 9.950 on bars.

LSU sophomore Rheagan Courville rounded out the top three overall after posting a 9.900 in both the bars and floor routines.

|
||