Travonte Valentine tweets he's cleared to play, LSU says he's in final stages of admission process - lsureveille.com: Sports

|
||

Travonte Valentine tweets he's cleared to play, LSU says he's in final stages of admission process

Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 10:18 am | Updated: 7:40 pm, Sat Aug 23, 2014.

LSU freshman defensive tackle Travonte Valentine tweeted Monday morning that the NCAA cleared him to play LSU. 

Valentine was rated as the No. 3 defensive tackle in the nation by recruiting service Rivals.com. He will provide support for a corps depleted by injury after Quentin Thomas injured his bicep and departure as Ego Ferguson and Anthony Ferguson have both moved on to the NFL.

The 6-foot-3, 325 pound Valentine finished his senior season with 85 tackles, 31.5 tackles for loss and 14 sacks.

LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette said in an email that Valentine had not been cleared to join the team yet.

“Travonte Valentine is going through the final phases of the admission process. He has not been cleared to join the football team. We will let you know once the process is complete.”

|
||