4.20.2018 Lighthouse Coffee

Light House Coffee opens as a local café for the Baton Rouge community on Friday, April 20, 2018.

The U.S. celebrates National Coffee Day on Sept. 29. Check out the best places around town to get your caffeine fix before a long day at school or work.

Brew Ha-Ha! 

1.8.18 Brew Ha-Ha!

Brew Ha-Ha! sells cake balls, coffee, brunch foods, and serves as an art gallery on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, on Jefferson Highway.

If you’re into coffee, teas, lunch and homemade cake balls, Brew Ha-Ha! is the best place for you. Stop by its location on Jefferson Highway, or wait until the shop opens its second location near Perkins Rowe before the end of 2018.

Light House Coffee 

4.20.2018 Lighthouse Coffee

Light House Coffee made its way to Baton Rouge and opened on March 31 on Lee Drive. Light House Coffee has direct trade with their coffee farmers, which brings coffee beans straight from the coffee belt and into the hands of the shop’s roaster.

Highland Coffees 

9-15-2017 Youtube Vlogger

Highland Coffees shop sits on Friday, Sept. 15, 2017, just off of Highland Road.

Highland Coffees, located at the historic North Gates of LSU, is the perfect place for students to read, visit with friends or work at a laptop while preparing for upcoming schoolwork. Its location near campus makes it convenient for anyone looking for a quick coffee stop before class.

Java Mama 

java mama

Java Mama offers a child's play area in addition to its coffee options. 

The Baton Rouge native coffee shop is the perfect place if you’re babysitting or looking after the children in your life. Java Mama has a supervised play area where children 5 and under can explore, play and socialize. The shop is about to expand to Texas, Florida and the D.C. area.

French Truck Coffee

8-18-17 New Baton Rouge Restaurants

Coffee makers sit on the bar at French Truck Coffee on Friday, Aug. 18, 2017.

This Government Street coffee shop is the perfect location for those looking to enjoy a modern environment while they study, eat lunch or hang out with friends. The wholesale shop sells a variety of special coffees, teas and snacks.