9.23.18 Favorite place

The Mississippi River runs through downtown Baton Rouge on the evening of Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018. The Horace Wilkinson bridge can be seen crossing the bridge in the distance.

The last day off has passed, and school will go uninterrupted until finals, but the fun doesn’t have to stop. Check out these things to do this week in Baton Rouge.

Monday, April 18

Love Purple, Live Gold Awards | Student Union

Join LSU Campus Life in congratulating the work of our school's many student organizations and student leaders from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Student Union’s Royal Cotillion Ballroom.

Yoga & Mediation | International Cultural Center 

Spend your evening relaxing with Yoga & Meditation at the International Cultural Center, on 3365 Dalrymple Drive. The recurring class starts at 5:30 p.m. every Monday.

Tuesday, April 19

Night Against Procrastination | LSU Library

LSU Libraries and CxC mentors will host a night with the sole purpose of helping students at 6 p.m. in Room 109 at the LSU Library. Food, coffee and research help will be available.

Wednesday, April 20

420 Fest | Cheba Hut

Discounted food, drink specials, and the chance to win free Cheba Hut for a year will all be at this marijuana-themed eatery during the highly regarded April holiday. Live music, a joint rolling contest, and Mario Kart will also take place later that night.

Open Mic Night | The Station

Laughter is the best medicine, and it is free every Wednesday at 9 p.m. at The Station Sports Bar & Grill. Enjoy the show and the drink specials, or you could participate in the fun yourself. New and seasoned comedians alike are welcome to sign up for sets at 8 p.m.

Karaoke Night | Chelesa's Live

Baton Rouge karaoke nights have found their newest home in Chelsea's Live every Wednesday from 8 p.m. until midnight. Free cover is available to all attendees who arrive in the first hour.

Thursday, April 21

Record Party | Spoke and Hub

Live out your DJ dreams during this bring-your-own-records event starting at 5 p.m. at The Brakes Bar in Spoke and Hub.

Tacos 'n Trivia | Three Estate

This weekly event from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the perfect opportunity to test your trivia skills while snacking on some tacos.

Friday, April 22

90’s Night | Chelsea’s Live

Baton Rouge’s favorite new music venue follows up its recent '80s night with a night dedicated to '90s nostalgia.

Saturday, April 23

Baton Rouge Blues Festival | Downtown

The blues are back in town for the first day of the Baton Rouge Blues Festival. Multiple stages and artists are certain to keep crowds entertained. There is no cost to attend the festival. 

LSU Spring Game After Party | Chelsea's Live

The Tiger's football team is back in action and with that comes the partying to match. Head to Chelsea’s for a post-game party experience.

Red Stick Farmer’s Market | 501 Main St., Baton Rouge

Every Saturday morning from 8 a.m. until noon, local farmers, fishers, food crafters, and artisans line the corner of Fifth and Main streets in downtown Baton Rouge. Find fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, and other local Louisiana products at the Red Stick Farmer’s Market.

Sunday, April 24

Baton Rouge Blues Festival | Downtown

Day two of the Baton Rouge Blues Festival rolls on. There is no entry fee for this highly anticipated annual event.

Art Exhibitions

LSU Museum of Art:

"State of the Art: Record" showing until June 19.

LSU Union Gallery:

"What they Wore" showing until April 29.

Baton Rouge Gallery:

"Real-Life Experience" Juried High School Exhibition showing until April 28.