9.23.18 Favorite place

The Mississippi River runs through downtown Baton Rouge on the evening of Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018. The Horace Wilkinson bridge can be seen crossing the bridge in the distance.

Students should be studying, but those looking for dead week distractions have come to the right place. 

Monday, May 2

Finals Fuel | Tower Drive

Students can find free pizza and cookies on Tower Drive, courtesy of LSU Student Government and the Department of Non-Traditional Students.

Yoga & Mediation | International Cultural Center 

Spend your evening relaxing with Yoga & Meditation at the International Cultural Center on 3365 Dalrymple Drive. The recurring class starts at 5:30 p.m. every Monday.

Tuesday, May 3

Paws for Finals | LSU Library

Nothing goes together like dead week and dogs. Paws for Finals is back from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the LSU Library. The emotional support therapy dogs will be joined by the Student Health Center with information on how to destress. 

President's Late Night Breakfast | 459 Commons and 5 Dining Hall

Another dead week tradition has returned, and all students can enjoy free breakfast food with their Tiger Card from 10 p.m. to midnight with President William Tate IV in attendance at both dining halls. 

Red Stick Farmers Market | Goodwood Main Library

New market hours have arrived to the delight of Baton Rouge. The same Red Stick Farmers Market from downtown Baton Rouge will set up in the parking lot of the Main Library from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Wednesday, May 4

Dive in Movie | LSU UREC

Take a study break with "Mean Girls," which will be showing at LSU's one-of-a-kind lazy river at 7:30 p.m.

Karaoke Night | Chelesa's Live

Baton Rouge karaoke nights have found their newest home in Chelsea's Live every Wednesday from 8 p.m. until midnight. Free cover is available to all attendees who arrive in the first hour.

Open Mic Night | The Station

Laughter is the best medicine, and it is free every Wednesday at 9 p.m. at The Station Sports Bar & Grill. Enjoy the show and the drink specials, or you could participate in the fun yourself. New and seasoned comedians alike are welcome to sign up for sets at 8 p.m.

Thursday, May 5

Cinco De Mayo Deals | Caliente, Tio Javi's, The Rev

Caliente Mexican Craving is offering 2 for 1 margaritas from 2 to 7 p.m., as well as $3 tequila shots and live music from Zack Manuel and The Taylor Rae Band. At Tio Javi's you can get 2 for 1 house margaritas and $40 fajitas for 4 people. At the Revelry, enjoy free margaritas from 7 to 9 p.m. as well other drink deals. There will also be a 12 piece Mariachi band performing!

Tacos 'n Trivia | Three Estate

This weekly event from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the perfect opportunity to test your trivia skills while snacking on some tacos. 

Friday, May 6

Hot Art Cool Nights | Mid City

It may not be a cool night, but there should be plenty of hot art spanning Government Street from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. during the famed Mid City Makers event.

Saturday, May 7

“No body wants to be here” exhibit | YesWeCannibal

Broadmoor Senior High students are putting their classroom conditions on display in the Yes We Cannibal gallery at 1600 Government St from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Red Stick Farmer’s Market | 501 Main St., Baton Rouge

Every Saturday morning from 8 a.m. until noon, local farmers, fishers, food crafters and artisans line the corner of Fifth and Main streets in downtown Baton Rouge. Find fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods and other local Louisiana products at the Red Stick Farmer’s Market.

Sunday, May 8

Sunday in the Park | Shaw Center for the Arts Plaza

It is springtime, and that means Sundays in the Park are back at 2 p.m. in Downtown Baton Rouge thanks to the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge. Enjoy live music from Rockin Doopsie on what looks to be a beautiful day in BR.

Exhibitions

LSU Museum of Art:

"State of the Art: Record" showing until June 19.