Brock Sanders.jpg

What is your major and year?

I am a junior double majoring in journalism and history with a minor in sports studies.

Where are you from?

I was born and raised here in Baton Rouge.

What positions have you held in the past at The Reveille?

I was a digital optimizer since January 2020 up until now.

Why did you join The Reveille? Why digital?

My goal since high school has been to report on sports and cover any athletics I can get my hands on. I joined the Reveille because I recognized if I wanted to achieve my goals then working at The Reveille was a part of the path. As for digital, I did not make it on the sports staff and had heard about digital through a previous editor and chief so I took a gamble and applied. I was intrigued about the innerworkings of how a primarily print newspaper transitioned to a digital platform, and I'm glad I took that gamble to join the digital team.

What does The Reveille mean to you?

I see The Reveille as an opportunity. I see it as a chance to build on top of an ever-growing field and work with great people at a job that always has something new to offer. 

If you had one piece of advice for a new student, what would it be?

Write or read every day. That may seem hard at first but when you write just a paragraph of something or read a page or two from a random book on your bookshelf, I guarantee that it will help with anything you may be dealing with or trying to overcome. Especially as a writer, it has helped me tremendously with stress relief and building on my skills as a journalist. 

What do you hope to do after graduation?

I hope to go to graduate school and get my master's in Journalism here at LSU. Afterward, I hope to join a newspaper company with the skills I've gained through many years of a college education.

Where can you be found on social media?

Facebook: @Brock.Sanders73

Twitter: @BrockSanders6

Instagram: @sanders.b.d